mercoledì 7 febbraio 2007

SELF IMPRISONMENT

"I suppose somewhere inside me

I yearn for freedom from

That which holds me stagnant

Overexaggeration turns underestimated

Emotion...

Emotion. Why the urgency to hide and

Slow the flow of that which could,

And perhaps will, improve, and

Heal the burning inside?

I am protecting my pain

It is mine

And I so badly want to keep my

Pain to myself

But, in doing so I am hurting

So many who cross me, or care for me,

Aching for love and acceptance,

Only to throw you down in the latter

Of our shared love

Yet anger and guilt not shared

Between me and you

You are blamed for all that is a

Mystery within myself...burning

Oh, I pray that I might someday

Throw a blanket over that angry

Child

If the strength is found within the

Core of my being

His tears soak my heart and

Weight it down

I am drowning, and I am tired,

And so very, very lonely

I am."

Voilà, c'est mon petit hommage au grand Layne Staley (1967-2004)...Que le bon dieu ait pitié de son âme...



Nessun commento: